From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:59:24 -0500
The contrast between one group who inadvertently deletes electronic files and the next group that tries to delete files and cannot. Computer designers have it all backwards. I miss my Etch a Sketch.  Now it knew how to clean a slate.

Delete what I want and find stuff I thought I had deleted. I do it every day.  At least the Etch a Sketch was consistent.  I have found PowerPoints live forever. No matter what you do they pop up somewhere like a Whack-a-Mole.[ What good is a slide speaking to the danger of thermal paper as a records storage device. ]

I can only assume that computers are a gift of the gods to allow them great amusement.

"Hey Zeus check this out.......I am going to make this guys Doctoral thesis disappear just as he is writing his dedication.  Ha Ha”

"Hey Mercury remember when we kept putting that girl’s past photos of her boyfriends on her FaceBook page so her current boyfriend would go crazy.  Delete....Delete and they still show up!  I crack myself up!”

Medusa “Yeah computers are way more fun than that mirror we gave Narcissus.”

You know what would be fun is a computer that keeps every email, every text and every article ever written. Put it in Utah because those Mormons are the best at keeping records. Orwell was an Optimist.....  Our only hope is someone will tell them “What ever you do, don’t delete any of this!”

I know they have a whole wing filled up with pictures of my dogs and my U-6 Soccer Team photos. Since I had made mustaches for all 30 of the boys and girls, we looked like a Carnival Act gone bad.  Those guys in Utah will think we are a miniature terrorist band. In our little town 30 CIA guys following 6 year old girls will be easy to spot.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM