From:
Laurie Sletten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 16:50:17 +0000
So true what Chris says "In short we have given up many of those rights to privacy for the sake of convenience and fun."

I have had two phone conversations this month where the other person, who I did not know, has said "so, you use to work at xyz" (different places).  It really unnerved me.

I remember seeing an interview with Alan Dershowitz where he stated that the concept of privacy of his generation is different from the concept of privacy of the generation after him due to the advent of social media.

I know it is not Friday, but one has to ponder how that will shape records and privacy in the future.
Laurie

Laurie Sletten, CRM, CA
Records Retention Schedules Project Lead
Information Technology Services
University of California - Office of the President
1111 Franklin St., 7th fl.
Oakland, CA 94607
Phone: (510) 987-9411