From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:06:21 -0800
A while back, when I worked at another company, they had a bar code system for tracking most Inter-office envelopes and packages. They used the same system to track external priority packages and envelopes (FedEx and UPS). Not sure if the system was COTS or home-grown, however. For Inter-office items, the end user would print a cover sheet with a bar code and then could track the item through the Intranet. Outside packages (including inbound records boxes because the vendors were not allowed to do desktop delivery) were tracked to the desktop by the same system. Look for proof of delivery systems. I would expect that the newer systems would also tie FedEx and UPS bar codes into the local systems.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM, CIP, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell