From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 19:21:07 -0500
Although I am sensitive to the privacy concerns voiced by the Putnam County
Records Clerk, I agree that he has to follow the law. He probably should
have gone ahead and said that he had to publish them anyway. And for people
to change the laws if they disagreed with him.

But there really are more concerns today about the potential misuse of
information. Our laws need a finer granularity to deal with it. However, it
is also quite legitimate to hold responsible the users and publishers of the
information for any consequences resulting from their own actions.

John Phillips
Information Technology Decisions
www.infotechdecisions.net