From:
Linda Whitworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:10:33 -0500
Greetings Listserv.  I have been a lurker for some time and this is my first
post.  I need the wisdom of the Records Managers on the Listserv.  I have
been asked by our law department to get best practices on vendors
maintaining the Official Record and the company maintaining the Unofficial
copy.

The department wants the insurance carrier to maintain Worker’s Comp Claims
to meet the legal requirement.  I have a list of reasons why I think the
company should have the official record but didn’t get much support.

What is your experience and recommendations?  I appreciate your help!

Linda Whitworth
Maritz
636.827.4332