From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:21:44 -0500
Tom,

I believe what Linda and Earl may be referring to are third party
vendors that process workers compensation claims and manage the
process for companies.  I agree with Pilar and Earl - you might be
able to outsource the processes but as I read the laws (I am not a
lawyer) the employer is still ultimately responsible to ensure claims
are processed in accordance with the state law.  If there is a problem
with the claim your company is on the hook.

You may want to recommend your legal folks ask for a legal opinion
from an outside firm who specializes in Workers Comp.  Lawyers tend to
(but not always) listen to other lawyers.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco