From:
Sam McCollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:52:49 -0700
We have very successfully used the concept of functional classification in
our retention schedules. We introduced two additional concepts as well. The
first is to 'tack' the retention schedules behind the hardcopy and
electronic folders so the user does not need to know retention schedules.
We also used a business analyst to ensure that the user department folder
structure was consistent with the corporate classification schedule, and to
work with the departments to refine as needed so we had their support in
this effort. The result was an effective system that works.

Sam McCollum, CRM, MBA

--
Sam McCollum, MBA, CRM, ERMm
President and CEO of SIMC Coaching