From:
Richard Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:48:08 +0000
The justification is pragmatic. The problem to solve is how to be effective at litigation readiness. In certain conditions (explained below -- strong Legal, strong RM, weak litigation readiness, strong motivation to fix litigation readiness), this approach works. By "works" I mean improves litigation readiness from a poor state to an adequate state. It may be a permanent way for such an organization to organize the relationship between legal holds and RM. Or the organization may choose to revert to the traditional configuration once it gets its litigation readiness strong enough to act on its own.