From:
Bill Millican <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:28:05 -0500
Hello Listserv Colleagues,

A business associate has a very large imaging project that could touch the
courts more than half of the states in the United States. My business
associate is wondering the following.

Are there states that specifically disallow the use of scanned images of
documents. The specific types of documents in question (if this is
applicable) are employee records, I-9s, NDA's, Employment Applications,
Background Checks and so forth.

I told my associate that I would reach out to the Records Management
Listserv and seek their input. This may be the type of question that has a
certain level of interest to the entire Listserv.

In the event that you do not know who I am: I am Bill Millican, a longtime
records managment practitioner and consultant who has been "playing" in
this industry for over 35 years. Today, I oversee the Kansas City operation
for a company called Xact Data Discovery.

Your professional input for the question above is greatly appreciated. If
you so desire, you may respond to me off-line at my company e-mail:

Thank you,

Bill

--
Bill Millican