From:
Todd Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2013 10:20:17 -0500
*Larry said:*
**
*"My first choice would be your Option 3- my second choice would be your
Option 2... but the problem with this option is unless you can view the
content to determine the retention for EACH ITEM, how will you know when
the content of the tape has all met its required retention?"
*------

Yeah, there is some risk with option 2. You wouldn't be able to review each
email so you risk deleting content which hasn't met its retention
requirements. If you were to do a one-time purge of certain content (older
than 6 years), accepting some risk in doing so, how would you recommend
documenting this in order to further reduce your risk going forward? I
should add that in doing this it would be understood that none of this data
is currently on legal hold.

I would agree that option 3 is the least risky and most compliant.

Todd P. Johnson, CRM, CIP, ERMm
SSCGP
Manager - Records & Information Management
270-852-4512