From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:34:04 -0800
Not. Gonna. Happen.
To Larry's suggestion of biennial conferences...

Not. Gonna. Happen.

ARMA still has a big chunk of revenue (and more importantly, profit than can be used to offset operating expenses) tied up in the annual conference. I suspect that many members will find themselves at ARMA one year and at MER or another conference another year. Thus, ARMA becomes a biennial choice for some by default.

Of particular concern in these budget days is that when you don't have something in your operations budget one year, getting it back the next year is very hard to do.

All that said, I would look for more variety in what ARMA does for education and perhaps a little less emphasis on Conference as the primary focal point for education for the association.

Patrick Cunningham, CIP, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell