From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:09:46 -0800
I was playing rhythm guitar in a Seattle area rock band when I realized that lead guitar was what I wanted to play, so I dropped out of site and resurfaced a couple years later driving for a NW regional Porsche racing team. When that lost it's charm I made my way to the stacks at WWU in Bellingham WA where I attempted for the next 3 years to be a student. Got restless and made my way home. Landed a full-time mid-shift job in the micrographics department at a little forest products  company called Weyerhaeuser. (Some of the above is true....some is a dream...records management is a journey)

Working in the micrographics team I had a terrific supervisor. She showed me where the retention schedules and policies were housed and told me to help myself if I wanted to take a look at the corporation's records management program. It was cool. I ended up working with engineering, information technology, and research & development. I learned so much over the years.

I did know about records management since I had some exposure in both high school and university. I still find it compelling.

Rock on!
Sharon

Sharon Burnett, CRM
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart
and see why."