From:
"David T. Macknet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:55:24 -0800

Peter said: "worse is internal required training ... that you can't
advance...."

Too true, Peter. Working for Biotech's, I've run into this in every
instance: they're required to ensure that their contractors are properly
trained to work around various materials, to know how to gown up, etc.
... and they ensure compliance by forcing everybody to go through CBT's,
most of which won't let you skip through. In my case it's even worse,
because I have nothing whatsoever to do with anything contained in the
training! It's mildly interesting to be able to understand the
difference between the labels of an explosive substance and a corrosive
substance ... but that's a Trivial Pursuit fact, to me, rather than
something to do with my life. And I've had to go through this "training"
for every contract. And we wonder why drugs are so expensive....

-D