From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2015 08:45:38 -0400
Please join the Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA (ARMA NOVA) for our June
chapter meeting.  It’s been a great chapter year, and we plan to end it with
a big celebration – a special screening of “A Decade of Discovery” (with
commentary by chapter member Jason R. Baron Esq.), swearing-in of our new
chapter officers, a chance to win door prizes, and a FREE registration for
the ARMA NOVA 2016 seminar.  We will also have our traditional drawing for a
free registration for the 2015 ARMA International conference, which will be
in D.C. this year.  It’s a great opportunity to celebrate the year together.
 Don’t miss it!

We are extremely fortunate to be able to host a screening of the documentary
titled “A Decade of Discovery.”  This acclaimed film has been making the
rounds internationally, and among those featured is our very own Jason R.
Baron, Of Counsel at Drinker Biddle, co-chair of the Information Governance
Initiative (IGI), and former Director of Litigation for the US National
Archives and Records Administration.

IGI’s website provides this synopsis of the film:  “The film details the
quest of government attorney Jason R. Baron to find a better way to search
White House e-mail … The documentary also tells the story of the late
Richard G. Braman, the founder of The Sedona Conference, and a teacher who
took a stand for civil justice on the electronic frontier.  Together, Baron
and Braman sparked a revolution. 'The Decade of Discovery' charts their
10-year journey, ultimately revealing the surprising truth they uncovered.”

We will enjoy the film while we eat another delicious Clyde’s meal and
reflect on a great chapter year.  Before the film begins, we will swear in
our new officers, and at the end of the film, Jason will field questions and
answers.  Before the night ends, one lucky attendee will win a free
registration to next year’s ARMA NOVA annual seminar – YOU MUST BE PRESENT
TO WIN!  We will also draw one lucky chapter member’s name to receive a free
registration to the 2015 ARMA International conference (you need not be
present to win, but the more you attended this year’s meetings, the better
chance you have to win this prize!).

About our Speaker:
An internationally recognized speaker and author on the preservation of
electronic documents, Jason serves as Of Counsel in the Information
Governance and eDiscovery Group at Drinker Biddle in Washington, D.C.  He
also is Co-chair of the Information Governance Initiative, a vendor neutral
consortium and think tank.  Jason previously served as Director of
Litigation for the US National Archives and Records Administration, and as a
trial lawyer and senior counsel at the Department of Justice. In those
capacities, Jason played a leading role in the government's adoption of
electronic recordkeeping practices and acted as lead counsel in landmark
cases involving the preservation of White House email.  He has served on the
Board of Directors of ARMA International, and is currently a member of the
ARMA IGP Certification Board.  Jason is a recipient of the prestigious
Emmett Leahy Award for Outstanding Contributions and Accomplishments in the
Records and Information Management Profession, as well as the Justice Tom C.
Clark Outstanding Government Lawyer award given by the Federal Bar
Association.  He is prominently featured in the recent documentary film, The
Decade of Discovery,  which follows events that unfolded between 2002 and
2012, when Jason took on a quest to find a better way to search White House
email.

DATE:  Wednesday, June 3, 2015

TIME:
6:00 PM  Registration
6:30 PM  Dinner & Film
7:30 PM  Drawings/Q&As

PLACE:  Clyde's of Tyson’s Corner 8332 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA (703) 734-1901

PARKING:  Free at the restaurant

METRO:  Five-minute walk from Greensboro station on the Silver Line

COST:  $35.00 Member, Government Employee, or Full-Time Student; $40.00
Non-Member

Register at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=32497

Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA, IGP
President, ARMA NOVA