From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:58:25 -0400
> What you need to know about Hillary Clinton’s emails…..

Apparently the answer to that question based on the debate is…..”Nothing!”  Everyone is tired of hearing about the emails and the potential loss of classified records and hacking by foreign powers on a less than stellar system.

My only thought on this is that I wish Congress would pass a law that says “When we set a precedent that an elected official can just walk away from an issue; then corporations should have the same privilege.”

We have elected officials in the administration not paying their federal taxes and they are not prosecuted but every commercial on the radio is about the IRS going after citizens and businesses who make mistakes.  Where is the fairness?

I remember when elected officials were held to a higher standard.  Nixon was forced to resign or be impeached because of Watergate.  General Petraeus was convicted of exposing classified documents for sharing a few documents with a reporter.  Petraeus should be exonerated based on the Hillary defense.

Petraeus was less likely to know documents were classified than a sitting Secretary of State.  He is a warrior not a bureaucrat.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.  Petraeus was an idiot and he was punished as he should have been.  Hillary made much bigger mistakes but because of politics, she should go free. What ever you do, treat them both the same. If spoliation does not apply to politicians then it should not be an issue with corporations.

Citizens have a right to fairness from government.  The statue of Lady Justice shows her blindfolded and using a scale to show all will be treated fairly.

SOX, ESI, Rule 26, Spoliation all speak to protecting electronic records and they set standards. The FBI and the Justice Department need to decide how they will behave and treat everyone according to the law. Where is the information governance that the Courts demand?

I think it will be hard to prosecute spies in the future if the perpetrator is allowed to make the decision on what is Top Secret, what is classified and what is not?  If the spy decides in their mind that the documents they exposed were not classified then it is not classified. Or they could use the “Aren’t we all tired of hearing about me sharing our governments secrets with unauthorized people?” defense.

When I was a kid, I read my sisters diary. (Hey those little locks were easy to break into. Like Hillary’s server…..) My mother quickly slapped me into amnesia. To this day I do not recall one word. That’s the justice we need for elected officials.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM