From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:30:49 +0000
Hi Elizabeth,

We do re-use records storage cartons, though in different ways, depending on their condition.

If they are in Really Good Shape, we'll re-use them for records storage.

If they are in Good Enough But Not Great Condition, we let our departments use them for moving "stuff" (which may or may not include records) around, but not for records storage.

Of course, if our off-site storage vendor destroys the records directly from the warehouse, we never see the cartons again.

We do have a wonderful variety of writings and labels on the boxes, as we are on our fourth off-site storage vendor, but haven't suffered from that so far.

And we have started using triple-wall boxes for some record types, when the carton is filled wall-to-wall with sheets of paper (the double-wall cartons fall apart too quickly).

Best regards,

Fred

Frederic J. Grevin
212-312-3903 (w)