From:
"Branson, Curtis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 14:57:29 +0000
Hi, everyone! I'm Curtis Branson but I prefer to go by Levi.  I'm a part time student in the MLIS program at Dominican University in River Forest, Illinois, and this is my next-to-last semester of grad school. As a requirement for the Records and Information Management course I’m enrolled in this fall, I’m posting this self-introduction to the listserv.  This listserv will be an important outlet that will parallel with my education, serving as a unique tool to inform me about the current issues in the field.

I'm currently employed full time as a university administrator at Roosevelt University in Chicago.  I decided to pursue a MLIS degree after volunteering in an archives for a number of years.  I'm excited to enter the professional field and begin working in a library or special collection.  But the area of records and information management is very interesting to me and I believe that many of the practices and issues in the profession will be applicable to any direction my professional future takes.

Thank you all for your time (and email storage space) and I look forward to learning from your professional experiences.

Sincerely,
C. Levi Branson

Chicago, IL, USA