From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:18:17 -0400
This paints Google in a good light but they manipulate the data and the algorithms for their own benefit.  They are so powerful they can drive up or down a stock with their actions.

In the early days of the Internet, you built a web site and put useful information there.  A person interested in a vault would find this web site that talked all about protecting records and building vaults.  But Google realized that type of intelligent search engine was great for the consumer but did them little good.  So they started tampering.  If you entered in the search term “Vault,”  up came a big banner add for a Ford Mustang.  (I am not kidding.  It drove us crazy.  Apparently Ford was just paying to come up first no matter what! )

Google keeps changing the algorithms so one cannot figure out how to beat their model.  But the consumer soon realizes that the first three things at the top of the page are usually not the best match for their inquiry.  Then they realized the stuff on the right side bar was even more remotely related to their search.

I find other search engines are more accurate.

Will Google be so powerful they can manipulate the stock market.  Some say they already are.

Will the government or some private company publish an analysis to show how accurate these search engines are?   Should they be required to publish their intelligence ranking versus their false presentations?

Should Google have liability if they falsely start a stampede in Wall Street because of their misrepresentations?  Do we have a right to honest interpretations. These algorithms  do not tell us what is happening, they tell us what Google wants us to think is happening. They impact our lives from a doctors prescription of a drug to the price of gas at the pump.  Who looks out for us?

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM