From:
Patti Kraatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:18:13 -0500
RE: STAFFING
Please be seated. We have approx. 3000 employees 5 of whom are RM staff.
1 Program Assistant (clerical), 1 Manager, 1 Coordinator, 1 EDMS
Administrator, 1 Technician, (Our first archivist will be hired this year).
Needless to say we outsource filming. To cover our RM program we've
assigned RM responsibilities at 3 levels in our organization. It was the
best way we could think of. Total staff are in brackets.

Dept (8) - DRC: Dept Records Coordinator (coordinates RM activities,
training etc., liaises with Sr. mgmt)
Divsion (12) - PRO: Program Records Officer (ensures RA's implement program
and/or assist)
Program (93) - RA: Record Assistant (implementing the RM at the program
level)

NOTE: RM responsibilities are an ADD ON to their regular duties and
therefore often comes in last in priorities. The ideal would be to have
someone with minimum RM certificate at the Dept level but of course that's
a budget item.....

Patti Kraatz
Technician, Information Mgmt & Archives
Council & Administrative Services