From:
"Bergeron, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:47:53 -0500
Sharon,

Thanks for the offer to "search and scan," but it's not necessary.

aren't a lot of policies coming forward and those that have come forward
have very general "do" lists using words like "professional" or
"business casual" attire without any definitions or examples to clarify
just what that means.  A few policies list some "don'ts," which is
helpful.

I spent some years working for a national department store chain, and
our dress code was very, very specific.  I'm surprised that there seems
to be so little information about municipal/library/research room dress
codes out there -- especially given the litigious and grievance-prone
nature of our society.

Still, the information I have received thus far is proving helpful.  I
will share with the listserv what I collected in a day or two.

Paul