From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:21:03 -0800
I have a question for the list.  What is the role of records and
information management in various initiatives to move to "paperless
processes"?  Is there something more to it than telling the project
management to be sure and incorporate record keeping requirements.

This question is in part driven by an advertisement I saw in the February
5th issue of the publication -- The Economist.

It contained a half page ad for a "Project Manager, Paperless Cargo" for
the International Air Transport Association (AITA) which the ad described
as a trade association of more than 270 airlines which provides services to
its members, travel agencies and other stake holders in the air travel
industry.  The ad also indicated that it was working with more than 200 non
airline partners (e.g. computer manufacturers, banks, accounting firms,
etc.).

Again according to the ad the purpose of the paperless project is to remove
all paper from the logistic side of cargo transportation.

If you would like to see the full ad I would refer you to the publication
(p. 15).  It has a closing date of February 18th.

But for me the more interesting question is should there be a records
manager on the team which the project manager will be managing and if so
what exactly will that person be doing to support the work of the team.

Dave Gaynon