From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:26:03 -0700
If I had not done a retention policy schedule for the fossil production
dept. of a utility business unit about 15 years ago, I would not have
known anything about coal power plant technology.  I would have assumed
it to be similar to what we see in the movies of the old steel plants;
feeding a big  caulderon with coal.

Paper is handy in the bathroom, and for publishing and selling books.
Let's keep it at those...; but not part of the information management
lifecycle.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/11/05 02:42PM >>>
Sorry I mentioned anything! I clearly remember it came up in discussion
on this list, maybe as long as 10 years back. My comment was just a
casual aside, dredged up from memory. It seemed strange to me at the
time, but I just took it in. I think list archives that long back got
lost in the moves from host to host along the way. And maybe it wasn't a
power plant, but some kind of industrial waste incinerator.

Bottom line is, burning isn't the way to go.

And what's your opinion of paper, Steve?
<snip>