From:
Tamara Puli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 09:28:58 +1000
I am resending this message as it keeps on bouncing from the list.

Please excuse cross-postings...

The Standards Australia Records Classification Sub Committee IT-21-09 is
preparing a Handbook to guide records practitioners in developing
records classification schemes for their organisations. Whilst some Sub
Committee members are considering variations to and refinements of the
Function-Activity-Subject approach to classification, we are
investigating the full range of records classification methods currently
in use. We would therefore be interested in hearing from organisations
who do not follow the Function-Activity approach. In particular we would
like to know:
- the structure of the alternative classification model,
- the type of organisation it was used in (eg banking, resources,
transport
etc)
- its strengths, and
- its weaknesses.

Some examples of alternative classification models include:
- work processes
- project classification structures
- asset classification structures
- customer/ client/ case name
- software generated taxonomies
- geographic classification, eg by lot on plan, by sedimentary basin, by
permit, by part of process plant etc
- a blend of the above

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Could you please respond in the
first instance to me so I can collate the responses for our group.
Emails can be sent through to a) [log in to unmask], or b)

Thanks for your help,
Regards

Tamara Puli
Information and Records Coordinator
Australian Rail Track Corporation

P - +61 2 8259 0717
F - +61 2 9279 4539
M - +61 439 869 146
E - [log in to unmask]

Tamara Puli
Information and Records Coordinator

Australian Rail Track Corporation Ltd.
Level 15, 60 Carrington Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000

The information in this email and any attachments to it is confidential
to the intended recipient and may be privileged. Receipt by a person
other than the intended recipient does not waive confidentiality or
privilege. Unless you are the intended recipient, you are not authorised
to disseminate, copy, retain or rely on the whole or any part of this
communication. If you have received this communication in error please
notify ARTC on +61 8 8217 4366. While we have taken various steps to
alert us to the presence of computer viruses we do not guarantee that
this communication is virus free.