From:
Meg Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 23:13:16 -0400
Hi Everyone

I work in a financial services company.  I was told that we had to have automatic classification because the SEC has stated or given opinion that manual classification can be done by only those people who do it as a part of their job (i.e. like a librarian, or file classifier) all others should use automatic classification.  Some areas are exempt like a legal department.

Has anyone else run across this?  I've been trying to find a reference to it.  The fellow who told me about this ruling said that it was not in any guidelines or procedures but probably in an opinion on a case.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I've search the SEC website, but haven't found it yet.

Cheers from the very wet Boston area.

Meg Duncan, CRM