From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:22:52 -0700
This may or may not figure into the retention issue of the files in question
originally, because in Gus's case, they are University files, but what if
the case involves a minor???
 As I recall from some work I've done with cities and counties in the past,
all proceedings related to a minor are to be sealed when they become an
adult (age 18, in most States) and they cannot be unsealed without a Court
order to do so.
 And this raises another question related to these types of files involving
cases where the individual is a minor... what about the recent trend to try
some minors as adults? I'm not disagreeing with the policy, but it seems as
if it creates an issue with respect to applying the existing standard
regarding sealing records of minors!!
 And people think this is a BORING profession! HA!
 Larry