From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:00:59 -0400
Charis:
I've always known the term to be a Records Retention and Disposition
Schedule.  If the schedule contains retention data only (retain 3 years
after closure), then drop the "disposition."  If it contains both
retention and disposition data (retain 3 years after closure, then
destroy), then use both.  Unless there is specific disposition
instructions for ALL the records listed on the schedule (retain 3 years
after closure, then destroy by shredding or retain 5 years after case
closed, then return to client), including those assigned permanent
retention (permanent - retain in office 25 years then transfer to XYZ
Archives), then it would NOT be only a dispostion schedule.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division