From:
Keith Hileman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Hileman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:21:54 -0400
Hi!  Just completed ARMA's RIM 101 course over the weekend and it
confirms my interest in the records management field.

Now my 'problem' lies in getting the requisite experience to sit for
the CRM exam a few years down the road.

From my examination of the ICRM site, I need a minimum of three years
of experience in various areas of records to qualify for the exam.

My questions are:

1) Will my JD and ten years in online legal research count toward anything?

(I know I should probably send this question to ICRM itself, but
thought someone on the list might have informal knowledge of the
'process.')

and

2) Is there anyone in the north Atlanta area looking for an "entry
level" (or above!) person to get hands-on experience?

I'll work for a modest salary in exchange for the experience.  I'm too
old and poor to opt for the unpaid internship route...

Please contact me if you have any suggestions or can refer me to
someone looking for assistance.

Thanks!
--
Keith Hileman

Your health comes first; you can always hang yourself later. (Yiddish proverb)