From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:53:31 -0600
Hello friends,

We're going through a pretty ugly time here in my city. After several years of budget cuts, the council is faced with pretty major reductions in basic services over the next two years, or going to the voters to ask for a sales tax increase.  So far, records management has survived, but my boss (the City Clerk) has asked for an estimate of what it might cost to contract out portions of our services. This comes from comments during public hearings along the line of "the city could save a lot of money if it just contracted everything out".

So, I'm looking for some average consulting rates for basic records management services: retention schedule development and monitoring, records inventorying, etc. I know there will be regional differences, so if you'll through some numbers at me, I'll take some averages and make some estimates.

Naturally, I need this yesterday.

Thanks for your help!

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood CO 80226-3127
303-987-7091 (office)
303-987-7088 (fax)
www.lakewood.org

Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.