From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:17:00 -0700
On 7/11/06, Link, Gary M. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would like to compile a list of the top ten reasons for converting from
> documenting your operations in a paper records-based system to an electronic
> records-based system. I ask respondents to keep points to "one-liners"

Multiple individuals requiring simultaneous access to the same information
Individuals in disparate locations requiring access to the same information
A need to perform searches across content to determine what records are
needed
An inability to effectively store records in paper based form safely and
securely
Insufficient staff to efficiently manage a paper based repository of records
Records with a short enough retention period you don't need to convert or
migrate
A new facility with excellent communications systems
More storage space and computing power than you know what to do with
A never ending budget to continually replace and upgrade hdwe/sftwre/systems
All of the money you'd ever need to support privacy concerns and training
users

Larry

--
Larry Medina