From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:40:06 +1000
Larry wrote:  I've seen many OLDER printed on paper materials (50+ years)
that are in better shape than their YOUNGER counterparts

I got told in my library days that books printed prior to 1806 (I think it
was 1806, don't quote me whatever you do) will last thousands of years,
but paper technology changed at that time and anything after that date
will have acid in it and may last 50, 100 or so years (depending on
storage and use).

Personally I think I'm in much better shape than many of my younger
counterparts.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.