From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:20:51 -0500
>>water based inks are subject to quicker degradation than their more
permanent counterparts, such as the toner used in laser jet printers<<

Haven't checked lately, but MA used to prohibit use of laser print for
records with archival value.  Shiny laser paper and laser toner makes
for the same kind of mess that we used to get when we would unfold the
linens and the ink would fall off.

Some of the older of us will remember that.  Made for some great dish
towels in the camper.

Bill R