From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:15:37 -0700
On 3/12/07, Alice Young <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I need your input on determining the major/minor differences between
> secure records and sensitive records.  As a bit of a background on this,
> I am researching personnel records for which ones are approved for some
> eyes versus okay for ALL eyes.  I understand exempt records and how to
> locate the basis for their exemption, but the secure records and
> sensitive records have me a bit in a quandary.

Hi Alice-

As with all definitions used to describe anything, it depends on what was
meant by the individual/organization who provided this terminology
originally what was meant by it.

The level of "security" and/or "sensitivity" applied to any records or
information depends largely on what it represents, the context in which it
was created, how it is used, and who it belongs to.  And over time, it is
subject to change based on a number of factors.

Being in Florida, I know there are numerous regulations impacting the right
to access information, and being with GOAA, you likely have DOT, FAA, and
other regulations impacting access to information you are handling... so I
don't know if anyone can give you a "straight up answer" to your question.

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA