From:
Laura Maguire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:48:18 -0700
This is my first post to this group, so please allow me to introduce myself...My name is Laura Maguire and I have only been in Records Management for 5 months.  I work in the City Clerk Department of the City of Thousand Oaks in California.

We are looking for feedback from cities regarding retention of City Council and/or Planning Commission meeting packets (agenda plus staff reports).  Our current retention is 10 years in paper and electronic formats.  Recently we have had requests to keep them permanently in the electronic format so that staff can access old staff reports and background information on presented items.  We would appreciate knowing your retention on these packets in hard copy and electronic format if different and any other input you may have.  Please feel free to contact me off-list.

Thanks.

Laura Maguire
Records Management Analyst
City Clerk Department