From:
"Link, Gary M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:34:50 -0400
If NARA isn't enforcing, I'm sure it's not because they are "lax," but
rather they lack the staff to do enforcement, as well as backing from
"higher." As we well know, if our RM policies aren't backed up by higher
then we don't have to power to enforce them. Take my own state of
Pennsylvania: an "Open Records Czar" was appointed by the governor, but
then shut out of enforcement by that very same governor's office:
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/earlyreturns/archive/2009/04/10/
rendell-blocking-open-records.aspx

Gary Link, CRM
Pittsburgh, PA