From:
Christine Figueroa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:52:14 -0800
Hi Amy,

My company is currently working with student interns to complete short term
RIM projects to both help us and provide students with experience in the
field.

We work with the two universities that have MLIS programs to post the
internships and ensure that the work and our requirements align with the
academic requirements.

As far as the work goes, we have a large RIM project that I divide into
manageable pieces to align with the academic calendars (this way students
receive the internship credit and can apply the information learned in the
class to a real life experience).

If you are trying to decide for an internship of your own, I would suggest
looking at what is available and see where your interests and the
internships intersect. There are many internships out there that may not be
a good match to your needs and you may later feel that you missed out on
other opportunities.

It is my hope that we can continue providing internships and that it could
be a regular program in the future.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Christine M. Figueroa, MLIS, CRM