From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:07:30 -0500
There's nothing wrong with your notes - all are valid and I'm not sure where
the disagreement would come in.

A comment on one of the disadvantages to the big bucket approach - the
inability to have event-driven categories.  In a strict big-bucket approach,
where there are only 5 or 6 categories, the inclusion of an event-driven
category is indeed all but impossible.  I've always seen the big-buckets
approach as a spectrum, however - if you go with only "bigger" buckets - let's
say 40 instead of 400 - then there would be room for event-driven
categories.  I've gone this route with a couple of organizations by way of
compromise between accuracy and ease of use.

Of course, the idea of not having to deal with events is in itself mighty
appealing...