From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:36:34 -0500
The real records story you should focus on is with Arthur Andersen and
their failure to properly follow the concept of record holds. Andersen was
Enron's outside auditor.
Enron's problem was how they gamed the energy market

if you really want to engage folks with regards to records management
issues go back through the last 18 years of RAIN postings (yes i've just
started year 18) and you'll find plenty of stories to educate folks new to
RM. Plenty of stories about disasters where records (paper and electronic )
were stored or maintained in basements (check out Tropical Storm Allison in
Houston
http://www.khou.com/community/slideshows/Photos-Tropical-Storm-Allison--121959284.html),
spoliation( check out the Rambus stories), records centers destroyed by
fires (Diversified Records, St. Louis NARA fire) and much much more

peterk

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas