From:
Brad Houston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:51:53 -0500
Hi all,

Cross-posting this request on advice of Peter K... I'm trying to gather up
some cool/interesting things that local ARMA chapters are doing for a blog
post following on some advice that I've been giving some brand-new records
managers about getting started in their new role. I know that I found the
seminars and workshops offered by my local chapters invaluable when I was
starting out in the field, and programs offered through the locals are often
a lot less expensive than the ones from the national organization (which is
always a nice bonus). There's a certain amount of good info I can cull from
the various websites, but I also wonder what I'm missing by doing this--
there's of course always a lot of things that don't necessarily make it to
the web in a timely manner.

If your local chapter of ARMA is doing something that you'd like the wider
community to know about, please contact me off-list and let me know. I'm
hoping to get information from a wide range of different chapters, the
better to point more of my constituent group (SAA's Records Management
Roundtable) towards information they can use. To give you a sense of the
timeliness of info that I'm looking for, I'm hoping to get this post up by
about mid-next week.

Thanks to all in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Brad Houston, Chair, Society of American Archivists Records Management
Roundtable
University Records Archivist
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries