From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:57:27 -0700
I followed Mr. Medina's response on this question with some interest. While I pretty much agree with his assessment I think I would put it differently.  Does anyone remember those odd analogy tests that students once needed to hurdle their way through on the obstacle course to higher education. They would typically ask something like a dog is grass the way iron is to ... (well you get the idea & I do hope that such tests have become a historical curiosity).

But to return to my point, perhaps the way to think of it is to say that vendors are to Records Management what the Koch Brothers are to the Tea Party.  You can see 7  commonalities here. I suspect that others could find more

1.       A source of funding

2.       A willingness to exploit for their own ends

3.       Some clever inights

4.       Ability to capture the infrastructure

5.       Skill in tapping into weaknesses in the current state of practice

6.       Aggressive advocacy of the need to upset the "apple cart"

7.       Create the impression that the problem is simple and will be resolved by following their leadership

David B. Gaynon, CRM
Huntington Beach CA USA