From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:01:07 -0500
for awhile I was using a bit.ly sidebar tool that allowed me to post RAIN
stories via gmail and twitter. back in  December 2013 bit.ly decided to
"upgrade" the sidebar tool to a more unfriendly version. some folks were
able to save the original tool and posted it to the web. last week it looks
like bit.ly did something to their underlying coding that basically
disabled the "classic" sidebar tool. the "classic" tool included both the
original url and the bit.ly url.

the bit.ly sidebar tool as it now stands adds multiple steps to the
process. I found an add-on that works (creates, the bit.ly url inserts it
into gmail, but does not bring in the original url), it does not allow me
to tweet the story directly for that I have to go to bit.ly where I can
then tweet the story, but sometimes I have to edit the tweet from the
original url to the story title. one of the other problems with the
"improved" sidebar tool is that it didn't connect to my gmail contacts
list, thus requiring me to type in full email addresses instead of just the
initial letters.

needless to say this new process also has increased the time and effort to
do the RAIN. If the original story link is critical to your needs I'll try
to copy in the original url, but remember this service is free and does
take time.

hope this explanation helps

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP