From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:21:35 -0700
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Matthew Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Has anyone hosted or participated in a RIM-themed party game? If so, was it
> successful?
>
> I'm planning a Holiday luncheon in December for about 25 records managers
> and related RIM professionals. I'd like to perhaps incorporate a RIM-themed
> game or activity.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions about a good format and/or content for a
> RIM-themed game, I'd love to hear it.
>
> I've used online Jeopardy templates for games in the past, but I'm
> wondering if there are other options I haven't considered.

A stack of 3x5 or 4x6 cards with names, subjects, dates, etc on them that
each person is asked to put in correct order, and timed.  You lose 5
seconds for each item 'misfiled'.... at the end, see who filed the most
correctly and the fastest.

A magnet or adhesive board with columns of categories for retention, and
magnets/stickies with items.  Have each person place the item in what they
think is the correct column. 5 points for each correct, you lose 5 points
for each incorrect.

Record or non-record?  Similar to above, only describe an item and have
them place it in the correct category.

Privacy requirements or open filed? Same as above....

What this demonstrates is how familiar attendees are with policy, procedure
and requirements established by an organization.  If you have attendees
from different organizations, it shows that 'one size may not fit all',
depending on the industry segment you're in or if you're public or private.

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*