From:
D NISHIMURA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 14:02:35 +0000
Chris, it should get to New York sooner or later.

2004: San Antonio, TX
2005 Washington, DC
2006: Ottawa, ON, Canada
2007: Arlington, VA
2008: Bern, Switzerland
2009: Arlington, VA
2010: Den Haag, Netherlands
2011: Salt Lake City, UT
2012: Copenhagen, Denmark
2013: Washington, DC
2014: Berlin, Germany
2015: Los Angeles, CA

They've tried to keep it pretty international because IS&T is an international organization. However, I think that they found, as we did in ISO standards work, that Federal employees have been pretty severely restricted in travel. For years, we tried to hold every other meeting (ANSI IT9 or ISO TC42/WG5) meeting in the Washington area to allow easier attendance by Federal employees. It also doesn't hurt that IS&T is in Springfield, VA so they can serve as their own "local arrangements" committee in the Washington area. I served for a few years on the Archiving program committee.

-Doug
Douglas Nishimura
Image Permanence Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology