From:
Vicki Lemieux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:05:23 -0500
***Please excuse cross-postings***

Dear Friends, Please join us for this weekıs Open Discussion Forum, which
will be presented by Dr. Anne Thurston, Director of the International
Records Management Trust.  Dr. Thurston will be speaking on the theme of
digital records management and whether they support development goals:

In the rapidly evolving digital information environment there are enormous
expectations for using information in new ways to support ambitious
governance goals for transparency, accountability, and compliance, and for
development goals for poverty reduction and economic development. However,
in large areas of the world, the enhanced structures, controls and skills
needed to manage digital information have not kept pace with the pace of
technological development. In our excitement about the potential for using
digital information, we must continue to ask two fundamental questions: can
we find the information we need? And can we trust the information we find? -
not only in well resourced countries, but across the lower resourced regions
of the world. This is an issue of immense developmental importance.

More information and conference joining instructions can be found at this
link: http://www.worldbank.org/publicsector/opendiscussionforum.

We hope that you will be able to join us!

Best wishes,
Vicki Lemieux