From:
"Stakhov, Gene" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 14:06:52 -0500
Dear All,

First off, apologies in advance to active members who may be seeing my name for the first time.  I’m a long-time lurker, occasional contributor and unquestionable beneficiary of the list; consultant, practitioner and evangelist of all things IG - based in lovely
(“lovely”?? Really?) Brooklyn, NY.

And now the question:  Is anyone aware of any white papers or best practices on the topic of managing content in light of international privacy regulations?  Specifically, I’m interested in cases where multinational entities manage repositories where either read or write access is limited due (wholly or in part) to jurisdictional restrictions.

I came across a post here that talked about ISO/IEC 27018 - there are some similarities there, but that deals specifically with public cloud service providers.  Any case studies dealing with companies who manage their own data across borders?

Thanks in advance… and Happy Day 5!

Eugene Stakhov, CRM, CDIA+
Senior Application Engineer
enChoice, Inc.