From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2015 19:32:01 +0000
First 1974:  Alice Cooper, Welcome to my Nightmare - Outstanding
Last mid-80's:  Alabama
Most memorable October 22, 1976:  Gordon Lightfoot - Duluth, MN

I grew up in Silver Bay, MN, on the shores of Lake Superior and home of Reserve Mining Company.  My father worked for nearly ten years as a boat loader at Reserve, loading taconite pellets onto the Edmund Fitzgerald and other ore boats that sailed the Great Lakes.  He knew many of the crew on the Fitz.  One of them, Nolan Church, attended our church on occasion with his family.

The concert seemed like a fitting tribute to those who had perished.

Bill Roach, CRM
Manager, Record Retention