From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:57:43 -0600
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On this day, three salespeople pull into your company parking lot.
>
> Salesperson #1 arrives at your reception and asks to speak to the person
> who makes the decisions on electronic records, where would they send the
> visitor?  Your office or to IT or to legal?

They wouldn't send them anywhere, they would ask if they had an appointment
and with whom. If they didn't have an appointment reception may or may not
contact someone in either records or IT, but they aren't getting past
reception.

> Salesperson #2 strolls down yo the Server Room and approaches the computer
> room manager and says “I want to talk about how you handle electronic
> records.” What would the IT person do?  Would they say, “Pull up a chair
> and let’s talk.” Or would they say “Hold on while I find out if our records
> manager is available?”

Unless this individual has a badge issued by the company that allows them
access to the IT area they aren't getting down there.

> Salesperson #3 walks into your office and asks “How do you handle
> electronic records here?”

Unless you have an appointment with me you're not going to be allowed past
reception

> That is a pretty amazing development.  It told me that electronic records
> are not cutting edge but mainstream.

having worked for 8 years for a certain software company I can attest that
electronic records are no longer cutting edge and have been mainstream for
quite sometime.

> How would you answer the salesperson above that is standing in your office?

Who the L are you and how did you get past reception. Someone call security

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas