From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 07:44:15 -0800
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Not buying it. I will believe it when I see the communications, regardless
> of the nature of the actual account. From the article, "4. At the time
> Clinton was Secretary, the Federal Records Act didn’t require federal
> employees to use government accounts, only to preserve records of their
> communications. This, Clinton seems to have done."
>
> I will not turn this into a political rant because this issue of using
> non-official accounts to conduct official business strikes politicians of
> all stripes and flavors. However, I do think that all RM types have an
> obligation to get someone in the org to understand that a) it's bad to do
> this and b) it almost always outs in the end. And as long-time political
> junkies know, it ain't the crime, it's the coverup that tends to be the
> downfall.

To your comment above "...all RM types have an obligation to get someone in
the org to understand..."

From the article:

A senior State Department official emailed me to say that “in October 2014,
a Department-wide notice was sent out which explained each employee’s
responsibilities for records management. Consistent with 2013 NARA
guidance, it included instructions that generally employees should not use
personal email for the transaction of government business, but that in the
very limited circumstances when it is necessary, all records must be
forwarded to a government account or otherwise preserved in the
Department’s electronic records systems.”

So it appears SOMEONE did.

And my desire wasn't to "...turn this into a political rant..." but it
seemed every article posted had been from a single perspective that had a
definite right lean to them.

Two sides to every story, this will play itself out over time, but the
timing of this "news release" sorta has the scent of stinky cheese to me.

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*