From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:41:33 -0500
So I'll stir the pot a little. I fully agree that email is a means for
conveying information analogous to an envelope, but in today's environment
and considering the tsunami of emails that inundate an organization's
servers are we being realistic in saying that we must classify them by
their content? Do we have the tools which will allow us to do this
automagically or must we rely upon individual employees to make the
determination? Should we be providing rigorous training on how to write an
email such that it doesn't contain multiple subjects that are covered by
different retention periods? Do we train them how to set up rules to manage
their inbox? (i've asked those two questions of every customer i've had
during the past 10 years and not one said they provide such training.) Do
we restrict the use of organizational email to business purposes only? Yes
I know that there are those amongst us who can and have successfully
managed their emails so as to classify them by their content, but those
people are the exception.

Do we need to rethink how we manage email? or do we look for tools that can
behind the scenes do the classification for the organization with minimal
employee input?

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas