From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 12:13:50 -0400
I think there is a broader issue here - what does ARMA really stand
for now?  When I first joined in the early 90's the organization
represented the records management profession.  Over the years the
organization has made some changes in an attempt to adapt to the
market place.  But its core was records management. Although I didn't
always agree with the direction I still felt it represented the RM
community.

Within the past couple of years ARMA's attention has been on
Information Governance (IG).  According to IGer's records management
is a subset of IG.  In fact some within the community tell us that
records management is all but dead. I disagree.  That being said I
feel that the organization which I have belonged to for over 20 years
seems to be trying to find a new mission.

I also belong to the Project Management Institute which I have been
with almost 15 years (and worked at for 2).  Since its inception in
the 1960's PMI has not wavered on its core focus which is project
management, period. The point is I know what PMI stands for - project
management.  But I am not sure about ARMA anymore...

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Radnor, PA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein