From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:04:48 -0700
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Glen Sanderson <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> They hacked the system. Could they or did they change anything?  Or is
> this just data gathering.   This is data for background info. Someone
> wanting to do us harm could potentially be given a gold pass.  HMM should
> we be worried?

Hackers are getting smart- they know the value of the information,
especially when they get it in bulk.

They sell to the highest bidder, based on value of source and number of
items.

And the buyers are smart too... they have the option to attempt to exploit
the data IMMEDIATELY, or wait and come in a6months or a year later, when
people forget about it and may not have made changes bcuz they 'thought
they were safe'

Should we be "worried"?  No, we should be SMART... and DILIGENT...

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*